10 facts about erection that almost no one knows, although everyone should know
Did you know that the smell of delicious baked goods can cause an erection? Our today's selection will be interesting and useful not only for men, but also for women! Many of these facts are truly amazing.
1. You don't have to be born to get an erection
Yes, this adorable silhouette on the ultrasound screen can have an erection. The genitals begin to develop around the 6th week of pregnancy, and 10 weeks after that, the male embryo may have an erection.
2. There are three types of erection
Reflex, psychogenic and spontaneous nocturnal.
- Psychogenic or, as it is also called, psychological erection occurs when certain centers of the brain are excited. Its mechanism is simple: nerve impulses are transmitted to the spinal cord and then to the nerves to the reproductive system.
- A reflex erection occurs in a man at the moment of touching something or someone to his penis. Due to the fact that the skin of the penis is extremely sensitive, even its slight irritation can generate certain impulses in the body.
- Nocturnal or spontaneous erection occurs in men at any age.
3. During the night, a healthy man has about three to five attacks of "sleepy swelling"
It has been precisely proven that it does not depend on human consciousness, but its mechanism has not been thoroughly studied.
It is assumed that nocturnal erection contributes to the saturation of the tissues of the penis with oxygen.
4. Life after death exists!
A strange phenomenon called "angel lust" occurs when a man dies in an upright position. And after death, his penis can get an erection! The fact is that in the absence of a heartbeat, the gravity of the body leads to an accumulation of blood in the legs. And since the vasculature in the legs will be overfilled, some of the remaining blood in the body will penetrate into the tissues of the penis and cause it to expand.
5. Average length of an erect penis ...
... approximately 14 centimeters and a circumference of 12 centimeters, according to a study of 1,661 men. In addition, the length of an erect penis depends on the reason for the man's erection! Male dignity after intercourse is longer than just after fantasizing and masturbating.
6. Shall we have a donut?
Food that smells good can make you feel dizzy. Penis. According to research, the smell of baked goods can increase blood flow to the penis by up to 32%. The mixture of donut and pumpkin pie scent caused a 20% increase. Surprisingly, the mixture of lavender and pumpkin pie scent had the greatest effect, inducing a 40% increase in blood flow to the penis. The key to a man's heart may be his stomach, but we must admit that the way into his pants is fragrant pastries.
7. A man's penis does not contain bones
Bakulum is a bone formed in the connective tissue of the penis, found in all insectivores, bats, rodents, carnivores, and most primates, except humans.
8. Erection in non-stop mode
There is an abnormality called priapism in which men experience an erection that not only does not go away, but lasts at least 4 hours! This may sound like a joke, but in reality priapism is incredibly painful and not always the result of sexual arousal!
9. The penis is shaped like a boomerang
The penis is actually twice as long as its visible part. MRI showed that in fact half of the penis is hidden in the body cavity. In reality, the penis is shaped like a boomerang.
10. Appearances can be deceiving
As the saying goes, "still waters run deep". According to a study in 1988, smaller penises can grow larger during erection, outperforming larger ones! Another proof that you can't judge by the cover :)