Sometimes men are faced with difficulties with potency, and with age this happens more and more often. We will find out what products can be used to improve the situation and increase potency
Why is it important for men to monitor potency
A stable erection, prolonged sexual intercourse - all this speaks of good potency. The whole body is involved in these processes: the hormonal system, and blood circulation, and even the state of the psyche. Therefore, difficulties with sexual activity may indicate more serious problems in the body.
Erection problems can be organic: with vascular disease, blood supply is disrupted. This is the main cause of erratic erections in men over fifty, and in this case the disease should be treated, not the symptom. The older a man is, the more often he should visit a urologist, and not self-medicate.
However, even at a young age, there may be difficulties with potency. Young men are active, work hard and are nervous, do not get enough sleep, which leads to psychogenic erectile dysfunction. Not understanding what the reason is, men often resort to strong stimulants that have a one-time effect. They are addictive and gradually damage the heart if taken uncontrollably.
What foods increase potency in men
A full-fledged varied diet affects overall well-being, and affects potency. Men's health is very sensitive and responds to lack of nutrients and vitamins.
Some foods contain especially many substances necessary for the synthesis of sex hormones. Vitamins A, B1, C, E, potassium and zinc affect the health of the heart and blood vessels, and it is a good blood flow that ensures a stable erection.
- Spices: nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger, hot peppers, cloves, fenugreek, herbal preparations increase sensuality and increase blood circulation. They also affect the immune system and help maintain vigor.
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts, almonds, pistachios, pine nuts are rich in proteins, fats and vitamins. Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc.
- Seafood: All seafood contains nutrients necessary for men's health, as well as highly digestible protein. Oysters and red fish are especially beneficial.
- Fruits: avocados, bananas, strawberries and currants, figs, watermelon, grapes or raisins. Fruits are rich in vitamins, therefore they are useful as prevention of vitamin deficiency. It can be manifested by frequent fatigue, which does not have the best effect on libido. Moderation must be observed, since fruits contain a lot of sugar, which harms potency and worsens the condition of blood vessels.
- Cocoa, chocolate and red wine.
- Oysters of all seafood are the richest in zinc and selenium, which improve erection. These vitamins are partially destroyed during cooking, so raw oysters are useful - useful substances are preserved in them.
- Chocolate. The second product, which is usually considered harmful, is actually only beneficial for potency. It is important to eat dark chocolate with a lot of cocoa - it is this that affects testosterone production and improves mood.
- Fenugreek - Its seeds contain many substances that increase libido, and it also lowers blood sugar, which reduces the risk of diabetes - one of the causes of erection problems.
- Ginger root as a condiment or as a tea drink. Ginger induces blood flow to the genitals.
- Pumpkin seeds are in the first place for their health benefits for men. They contain large amounts of zinc and other substances necessary for the male reproductive system. Medicinal preparations are even produced on the basis of pumpkin seeds.
- Experts recommend walnuts as a healthy snack. They will be a good source of plant-based protein and will also increase testosterone levels.
- Red wine is one of the few types of alcohol that does not harm potency, but improves it. Wine contains the antioxidant resveratrol, which strengthens blood vessels, which is beneficial for blood circulation. But you need to use it no more than one glass and occasionally, because in large quantities any alcohol is harmful.
Recommendations of doctors for men
To avoid problems with potency, it is advisable to lead a healthy lifestyle and treat any infections on time. If you have serious problems, with pain or a burning sensation, you should immediately contact a urologist, and not self-medicate.
According to the WHO, more than 150 million men suffer from erection problems. This is facilitated by the accelerated rhythm of life, frequent stress, overwork and lack of sleep, against the background of this - problems with blood vessels and heart. The key to a healthy sex life is to improve your diet, experience less stress, and get good rest.
Give up bad habits
Heavy smoking and alcohol impair both potency and sperm quality. It has been proven that the negative effect of nicotine and ethanol on the male reproductive system can even lead to infertility. Smoking especially strongly affects the state of blood vessels, increasing the likelihood of atherosclerosis and impairing the blood supply to the genitals.
Be less nervous
Sometimes failure happens precisely out of fear and expectation of failure. You don't need to worry too much if you sometimes have problems with erection. It is better to reduce stress at work, do something in your free time that relaxes and calms you.
Go in for sports
Stagnation of blood in the genitals from a sedentary lifestyle has a detrimental effect on men's health. Therefore, it is necessary to moderately engage in your favorite sports. Additionally, you can do special Kegel exercises to improve blood circulation in the pelvic area. Professional athletes, on the contrary, are usually overworked, and potency suffers from the fact that the body does not have time to recover.
Eat healthy foods
Healthy food is the key to well-being. It is necessary to receive both meat and vegetable food in full, not to forget about fresh greens and seafood, which are usually few in the diet of Russians. It is better to cook so as to preserve as many vitamins as possible - stew, boil, steam dishes, eat raw vegetables.
Keep track of your weight
Excess fat mass reduces testosterone production, and stimulates the production of estrogens, which are opposite in the action of hormones. It has been proven that overweight people are much more likely to suffer from problems with potency.
Have a healthy sex life
In the absence of sexual activity, stagnation occurs, which causes problems with erection. Regular sexual activity with a regular partner reduces the risk of prostatitis and erectile dysfunction. However, spontaneous connections and over-activity can be harmful.
Strengthen your immune system
It is necessary to strengthen the immune system with the help of light hardening, walking in the fresh air. A weakened body is susceptible to disease, so you should not overcool
See your doctor on time
An examination by a urologist once a year will help eliminate possible problems even before they make themselves felt. With age, the frequency of sexual problems increases, and you will also have to consult a doctor more often.
Popular questions and answers
Faced with any problems associated with potency, men are usually in no hurry to contact a specialist. Let's analyze the most popular questions about potency.
- Is it possible to increase male potency with proper nutrition?
You can, if the problem was mainly in the wrong diet, lack of vitamins or obesity. By reducing weight and improving the diet, you can also affect potency. If the cause was infections or hormonal disorders, proper nutrition alone may not be enough, but it will still ease the course of the disease.
- What if the potency begins to deteriorate and the so-called "misfires" begin to occur?
With age, many chronic diseases such as diabetes, vascular atherosclerosis and others are the main cause of erection problems. But young people usually do not yet have such diseases - but they are much more nervous and experience constant stress. In this case, the problem is psychological, and regular sex life and the use of aphrodisiacs - substances that stimulate sexual desire can improve the situation.
Sometimes herbal remedies do not help, then the urologist may prescribe drugs or injections that cause an erection at the time of administration. But the effect does not last long, each time you need to resort to these funds again. It is also worth noting that these potent drugs have a large list of side undesirable effects, so they must be taken under medical supervision.
Male potency myths
There are still many myths about potency in the modern world. Let's figure out which of this is true and which is fiction.
Young people do not have problems with potency
Unfortunately, this is not the case. And young guys can have problems for various reasons, although this happens much more often with age.
Masturbation reduces potency
This is not entirely true. But there is a certain connection - if you completely replace all sexual contacts with masturbation, psychological dependence on this process may arise. And during real intercourse, an erection will be worse than during masturbation, although physiologically it does not affect potency in any way.
Active sports reduce potency
If this is a professional athlete who trains almost daily and takes sports supplements, then such overloads can deplete the body and reduce potency. But regular training several times a week will not only not harm, but will also enhance potency due to the active production of testosterone.
Potency depends on the size of the genitals
Of course, this is a myth. There is no connection between the size of the penis and potency.
Impotence is not cured
It is being treated. The key is to remember that even if the problem has gone this far, much can be cured if the root cause is identified. In treatment, drugs, surgery, and even psychotherapy are used.